Business Licensing

Business Licensing Information

Before you conduct business in West Haven you must first register with the State Department of Commerce  and apply for a business license from West Haven City.

Who must register their business?
All businesses in Utah are required by law to register with the Utah Department of Commerce either as a "DBA" (Doing Business As), Corporation. Limited Liability Company or Limited Partnership.  Businesses are also required to obtain a business license from the City or County in which they are located.

Where do you register your business name with the State of Utah?  
You can register your business with the State at:
 One Stop Online Business Registration

Fill out the appropriate Business License Application (below), print and bring the completed application & forms along with payment to the City Offices for processing.  

TEMPORARY 1-30 DAYS: $50.00 (Boutiques, Firework stand, Etc.)
DAYCARE & PRESCHOOLS; Must include your Utah State Dept. of Health License, and Fire Dept. Inspection and an Inspection from Tyler Seaman our Code Enforcement officer.
Home Day Care Level 1 $50.00  (Eight (8) Children or Fewer)
Home Day Care Level 2 $100.00  (Nine (9) – Sixteen (16)
Day Care Centers $200.00  (Non-Residential)
Preschool $100.00  (Twelve (12) students or fewer)
Preschools Non-Residential $200.00
Includes the majority of businesses within the city – to include Auto Body Shops; Vehicle Repair Shops; Vehicle Sales; Recreational Activities; Health Occupations; Industrial; Trucking; Refuse Collection; Storage Units; Street Vendors;Towing; Construction; Restaurants
MAJOR: $1,000.00
Includes: Fuel/Alcohol; Convenience Stores; Mobile Home Parks; Motel; Hotel; Manufacturing; Taverns
Includes: Flying J; Wall Mart Type Stores
If your business includes beer and other alcohol sales, you must request and complete a separate beer license application prior to issuance of your business license. New beer and alcohol applications may require the approval of the Planning Commission and City Council. Your beer license fee is separate from your business license fee and must be paid yearly with your renewal.
Class A Beer License (Taverns & Clubs) $500.00
Class B Beer License (Off Premises-Gas stations) $200.00
Class C Beer License (On Premises-Restaurants) $200.00
License fees are not pro-rated  Business Licenses expire on December 31st, Renewals are due January 1st

Business License Fee Schedule - New Business License Packet  - Business License Application
Beer License Application - Solicitors Permit Application 
If you have CLOSED your business, please send an email with the name of business, owner info and closing date to Charis Sully. 

Charis Sully- Deputy Recorder/Business License Clerk- 385-389-2690- Email Charis Sully

footer background